What to do to cut down on false alarms in Miami
False alarms are a legitimate issue for home security systems. Not only are they a burden on your time and pocketbook, but they may erode the trust you have in your installation. Fortunately, you may do some things to minimize false alarms from your Miami security system.
First, be sure that everything is set up as intended. This might appear to be common sense, but it’s often the case that simple user errors result in false alarms. Next, watch out for likely sources of false alarms, such as a back door that may be left open inadvertently. And finally, you should try to integrate the extra features like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Miami.
Could it be really that straightforward? Read on and see for yourself.
A great deal of false alarms in Miami could be averted
Just like you would address any concern, the initial step is to review the owner’s instruction booklet. Ensure all your components are set up appropriately from your perspective by:
- Running a checkup via your smart hub.
- Manually evaluate each device to be certain it didn't get knocked out of place or need fresh batteries.
- Check your schedules and presets to ensure that your alarms aren’t arming at inappropriate times.
- Make sure all integrated smart devices are installed properly and aren't conflicting with your home’s alarm.
Call your customer service agent if you are still having trouble cutting down false alarms in your Miami home. They'll be happy to schedule a tech to inspect your equipment.
Check your windows and doors
When your installation seems to be OK, the next course of action is to do an investigation of your residence. Are your windows and doors tightly secured, or might there be a few accidentally cracked? If an entrance stays open, it may activate a sensor. In the event your family routinely neglects to secure a door, you can install a smart locking mechanism that automatically locks when your home security is activated. Regrettably, windows need extra hands-on attention, mainly if you have a loved one who enjoys to fall asleep with a cracked window. Luckily, your Vivint alarm system makes it easy to turn off that alarm while still guarding the remainder of the residence.
Smart home automation tends to be a smart technique to cut down on false alarms in Miami
One of the smartest ways to reduce the likelihood of false alarms is to include smart home automation into your alarm system. When utilizing your Vivint app, you can:
- Program a schedule to disarm when you’re on site and avert false alarms that happen due to accidentally unlatching an entry point. Then have it automatically engage again that evening as you prepare for bed.
- Have your system disarm when your smart front door lock is triggered with the correct PIN.
- Utilize geotracking to arm your system if you exit the driveway, then disengage when you arrive home for the day.
- Get cell phone alerts when your components detect unusual activity or have need of a new battery.
- Link your home security to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you can disarm and arm your system without the cell phone app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Miami by switching to a Vivint smart home
Greater control over your property’s security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To get started on your Vivint smart home, reach out to (786) 833-7988 or submit the form below.