Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Miami smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your security system as it links your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a single cohesive system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in full command of your Miami home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of what it can do and check out tips to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Miami do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices via radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You may arm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When integrating a doorbell camera, you can even chat with visitors standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub has a backup battery and cellular capability for added reliability. It also provides total remote operation with the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the duties you can execute:
- View live or recorded video streams from all integrated surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your home’s security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Communicate directly to monitoring agents
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Miami by setting schedules or initiating preferences. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a certain time. Or, you can add rules like having your doors unlock if the fire alarm goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s simple - just abide by these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will be in the home and arms all devices excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be gone, and each sensor in your home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The Smart Hub will display a message if the system isn’t ready to arm. To illustrate, an open door will urge you to act. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm the security system by using the above steps. You will then need to verify you want to bypass the sensor in question.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Miami
Despite the fact that multiple users can be entered when your system is installed, you will probably want to add an additional user down the road. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Touch “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the user’s name, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to supply the user remote access, select phone or email and provide the info to dispatch an invite.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To remove a user, proceed to the menu, tap users, pick the user you want to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Miami security system. Contact (786) 833-7988 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.